A Guide to Shapewear
Shapewear is so good these days, especially when compared to your grandmother’s day! If you haven’t tried shapewear – why not? It’s like having all your lumpy bits smoothed out. In fact, it can have such a dramatic effect that most celebrities are said to wear it on the red carpet and Kim Khardashian has always been a firm fan. These days shapewear comes in vast range of styles and fabrics, making it confusing. My advice is to:
- Never size down – this only creates lumps and bumps and discomfort
- Stick to your size – try it on, sit down in it, walk around in it. Decide if it feel comfortable – it should
- Choose the correct constriction – read the garments label. The more nylon the more the garment will change your shape. If the garment feels light it is generally only going to smooth the body; if it feels heavier, then it should have compression areas that will suck and tuck your body into shape.
- Choose high-waist garments as these give a smooth line to the torso
- If you want all over shaping, wear an all- over bodysuit